Hello, exercise, I am back. Nothing like a lapse to make you really appreciate moving forward.
I would like to mention that this lapse was not a simple I-don’t-want-to-exercise lapse. It was an injury-induced rehabilitation-esque lapse, thanks to some sort of patellar tendon injury, or something of that nature. Really the lapse started before the injury. I may not rock at nutrition, but I was doing better than, say, last year, prior to the lapse. And the journalling? I derailed on that for over two weeks. This is why Lent is not my thing. Add that this is the last Sunday before Easter and I am choosing to sleep instead of go to church. With the excuse that it is too complicated to figure out rides and it has been a long week and I would rather sleep. Honestly, I can’t seem to stick with anything anymore.
[This is Resistance, people.]
Now that I’ve finished making myself sound like a bad person who doesn’t care about anything, what am I doing about it?
- The stir-fry thing today was a Good Thing as far as restaurant choices go. Could be worse, yes?
- I went to the stir-fry place with my friend Jess who I have not seen for a long time. So awesome.
- I did an hour on the trampoline today, plus ~3K walking. This needs to stick around.
- I am done tutoring, and have wrapped up the 22-hour-work-week-while-going-to-school. Classes are [mostly] done. Good time to begin the journey again? Yes. Always a good time.
- Paying closer attention to the Fitbit.
- I am aware of the journalling issue. And I am changing the pattern.
- Focusing on the Good Things.
Last night, when I re-opened the journal and realized the lapse I took off. In part:
it is not bad
but i am not balanced
cause i just woke / to eat some chocolate / and go straight back / i’ll go straight back to bed / where’s my head?
[where’s my head?, copeland]
body. heart. mind. spirit.
mind strong / body strong / try to find / equillibrium
[sound of winter, bush]
I can do better.
change stops in your mind, leave the past behind, forget everything you know
make a change, let go. […]
stay on top if they let you. ’cause the change is permanent.
So, once again, going in to April, it is time to awaken.